Sunday, February 14, 2016

Stubaier Gletscher

Today we went skiing at Stubaier Gletscher. The mountain was quite intimidating to me and was definitely an experience. Unfortunately the "easy" slopes here are more advanced than back home so I didn't get quite the experience I had hoped. Dad stayed with me the whole time so unfortunately neither did he. The mountain really was huge and the runs were very extensive. We did make it up to one of the easier runs that was more exciting for dad. However I was not a big fan of the steep, long trip down the mountain. Despite skiing not going quite as we hoped for me I can still say that I skied in Austria and that I got to ski at a glacier.

Today we saw a couple pretty cool things.  On the way to go skiing we went up a road that allowed us to see Innsbruck from above which was really cool. Also when we were riding the gondola back down the mountain we saw a mountain goat!

We finished our day off with planning what we are doing for the rest of the week & going out for pizza (which was really good).


No comments:

Post a Comment